Editor’s note: This page was first posted within Small Business School, a television series that aired for over 50 seasons on PBS-TV stations (1994-2012). It is the author’s business website, so many of the links go to that Small Business School website. Eventually all links will be redirected to pages within The Big Board – little universe Project.
Background: Our study of the Planck Length to the Observable Universe began formally on December 19, 2011. Though we thought about the matrix from the Planck Time to the Age of the Universe, it took until December 8, 2014 to add it the Planck Length chart. Logically, but non-intuitively, the two tracked well together. Based on that work, we started looking at our own foundations for understanding first principles, universals and constants.
First, our television series began in 1994 based on first principles (linked from here). These were a direct reflection of our faith and our belief that faith and science must cohere or one of them is wrong.
Second, we used those first principles in all that we have done. That’s how one knows the first principles work. Yet, eventually, those first principles inform in new ways. It is not automatic. It takes time. But, there is always a next step. We can always improve on the initial conditions.
Third, we all need to extend our principles globally, then extend them throughout the universe. That drove our work on the Big Board-little universe back which started in December 2011.And oddly enough, we can now see how such principles just might become the core of a new small business revolution.
Here is a paradigm shift that just might change our perceptions of everything.
1. The Universe appears to be finite. That’s huge. It has measurable smallest units for space and time. It has measurable units for the largest dimensions of space and time, the Observable Universe and the Age of the Universe, respectively.More…
2. The Universe has an ethical bias. Yes, hard to believe, but it seems to be true. If so, the theological among us have some very real work to do because theology will be informed by science and science will actually be informed by theology. And, those within radical Islam will learn that they still have much to learn from their Allah and our science!
3. The Universe is smaller and more ordered than we think.In 202+ steps, you go from the smallest measurement to the very largest.Initially it sounded ridiculous and it seemed inconceivable, yet over time, it sinks in.
4. The Universe is more connected than we think. In fact, everything is related to everything, all within 202+ steps! Seems impossible; it’s not.
5. The Universe gets structure from space-and-time, but not its essence. The structures go back to basic geometries that have become exquisitely complex (Also, see reference #4). One might conclude that the essence of that structure comes from the Infinite through our constants and universals which appear to be best engaged through the Planck Units.
Now, with all these references, we now say, “Let’s get focused; there are great things to do to get us all on track for a brilliant future.”