August 9, 2016 Most recent update: August 17, 2016
Open this Email. This section may also include physical letters, tweets, and other communications. Each Email to Key People will have been triggered by an activity with global significance. This email was triggered by recent work at CERN Labs in Geneva; they were in a meltdown over the fact they had found no new particles and earlier results that had given them hope had to be negated.
Although there have been many such emails since 2012, as of August 2016, we will begin recording these events and some of the key players to whom these communications have been sent.
Perhaps one or two of these communications will beget an exchange and, only with their permission, each will be extended from the original email to them.
RE: A chart to focus on numbers from the Planck scale to the CERN-scale
- Some version of this email was sent to following people: Nima Arkani-Hamed, Jaroslav Trnka, Raman Sundrum, Frank Potter, Tao Han, Yifang Wang, David Gross, Melissa Franklin, Jesse Thaler, Clifford Cheung, Adam Falkowski, Savas Dimopoulos, Maria Spiropulu, Albert de Roeck, Joe Incandela, Kyle Cranmer, Nathaniel Craig…
- Natalie Wolchover, author of the Quanta article, What No New Particles Means for Physics (August 9, 2016) (Also addressed to her Quanta editorial team)
- Note to the Fabiola Gianotti, Director General, CERN
- Note to Robyn Blumner, CEO, Richard Dawkins Foundation
- Note to Stephen Wolfram, CEO, Wolfram Mathematica
- Note to Lawrence Krauss, author, The Greatest Story Ever Told… SO FAR (2017) and many other books and over 300 technical scientific articles